Thursday, May 1, 2008

playing catch-up

Hello friends and family. It has been quite some time (in blogging time) that I've been here. So sorry... especially to family! There will be no photos in this entry-- just a quick recap about the last week and a half or so.

  • Our new lap top's on switch malfunctioned. So it was out of commission until Frank or I had time to call Dell and get the parts needed to fix. (Man, I want a Mac so bad...)So we were down to the main PC and the basement PC which is okay, but it is older and the monitor isn't super big like we like. I had been working the blogs from our main PC-- downloading all our pics there and managing everything that entails this blog. I did hate it though-- I am more of a lap-top girl than anything else...(wow, that sounds kinda wild, right?) So what happens a week ago? The main PC decides to freak out as well! It wasn't sending the signals needed! Man, was I p'd off! There goes all of my photo files with that one-- A1's Itune's library, Frank's music library-- (my Itune's is on the laptop, of course). So now we were down to one computer! Wow! How did people manage back when... Needless to say, I hated working on the basement PC-- it is not my favorite place to be. The kids like playing down there since they have tons of toys there and Frank spends a huge chunk of his life there spinning on days that offers foul weather. But me, it is just a reminder that I need to do laundry! (our laundry room is adjacent to the main room). So I didn't post for this reason. BUT my wonderful husband found the time to call Dell and order whatever needed to be ordered, Dell expedited the shipment of such part and husband installed it the minute he had was able to squeeze it in. So now I have my beautiful, lovely, and ever-so-missed laptop. I do have photos to post, but will do another day.

  • Last week we got A1's SSAT results--- Yay! She did awesome. She scored very high in all areas! Statistically speaking (nationwide) she is waaaaay up there! I wont share her scores because she would never speak to me again! (she is extremely shy about stuff like this)

  • While we are on the academic path, last Friday my school had its Honor's Day ceremony. I am graduating with 4 honors-- and in the top 10% of my class--- yay! (I, am not shy about these things!)

  • This past weekend, the family headed out to PA to accompany Frank to do a stage race. I will post about it another day once I can offer photos with my journal.

  • I don't have time to edit this post for errors--lol being that I have to be in class in one hour ready to finish negotiations. Yes, we are in the middle of negotiations in my Labor Relations class. Thankfully, I am management.

Somewhat caught-up now. Details will follow with photos, hopefully soon.

Hugs!

0 comments: