Monday, May 12, 2008

monday, monday

Yay! My first with no school to think of! I am done-- YES! I love having the time to hang out with my girls and let them take their bath and do their homework without any rush. I actually hit the gym this evening at 7! I never was able to really do that; if I missed working out during the day due to my schedule, I was stuck not doing anything till the next day. Who wants to work out at 10 at night? Only nutty cyclists do that! (Oops.. are there any reading this?) Did I mention that cyclists have the nicest legs? ;)

Other great news is the receipt of a letter from the academy-- well, the prep school that Alexys had applied to. She apparently got accepted, but due to the fact that she was several months past the deadline for her admission application, she will be placed on a waiting list contingent on the school's attrition next academic year (which is only a few months away!). Obviously for coping mechanisms, I have convinced myself that she will not go this upcoming year and next year, I will seek out another method of coping. In all fairness though, she really does have the desire to go. She already told me matter of fact that if she gets a slot this year, she is accepting it. OMG!

Speaking of Alexys, the big talk around here has been graduation, Gettysburg, and the graduation dance. One down, two to go. Alexys and most of the 8th graders went to a 3-day trip to Gettysburg. This group had been studying it intensively for what I think was the entire year. They studied it inside and out, tactics, strategy, terrain, people, etc.. It is very impressive hearing a 13-year-old speak in detail about such a key subject. These kids know more than most adults! The kids had a wonderful time, although they had to deal with ticks! Eek! Now we await the Grad dance for which Alexys bought her dress this past Saturday-- it is an awesome dress and it looks so good on her! Then, it is graduation...

So that is a quick wrap-up of some of the events in our life! there is more, but the oven just beeped! I've got giant soft chocolate chip cookies ready to come out!

0 comments: