Friday, September 26, 2008

tgif

AFAP(Army Family Action Plan) conferences have kept me busy for the past 2 days. I should probably say busier since this house is jam-packed of busy bees! I made myself stop, sit, and blog while have a cup of joe this morning.

My highlight of the day this morning will be my visit to the spa. No, no don't start chanting "lucky her" I am not going in for a massage or facial-- people I am FINALLY going in to get my hair done! Oh my, I am so in need of a touch-up, trim, and my ever so glam foils! Yay! With the move and getting this house unpacked, getting in to the salon was way down on the priority list. So today is the day! I am trying a new place out: Jabez Salon and Day Spa it is an Aveda joint so I am hoping for the best.

Did I mention last week that I fell? I can't remember but last Friday Alexys had volley ball practice at 6:30am and while I was walking down the steps of my porch outside, I ate it big time! I fell and I messed up my ankle or the ligaments around it-- couldn't say for sure since I never went in to see the doc. Well, one leg is swollen still and the other has a 6-inch deep cut on my shin. Very attractive, right? Well, today Alexys had 6:30am practice again and I made Frank drive her! My neighbors are on me about going to the doc to get it checked out. I think I may end up going in since I have not gone on a run now for 7 days! I am gaining weight as I type this!

Which brings me to a perfect transition point to mention my new project-- it is in the development stages so I can't say much about it yet. All I can say is that a few of my friends and I are thinking about creating a contest here-- one that mimics the Biggest Loser sounds like fun right?

More to follow later...

2 comments:

~Tammy said...

I hope your ankle is better soon. I can't wait to hear about your contest!

~Tammy

Luisa said...

Hey girl-- thanks...it is somewhat better but still baaaaad.