Saturday, June 7, 2008

through the humid lens







It was hot. It was HOT. It was actually very humid! The temps were in the 90's today and being that I am originally a So. Cali girl, I can easily handle 90 degree weather, even 100. But I do not do well with humid temps. And it isn't the vain, hair-worrying side of me saying this, I can actually give a hoot about that stuff, really (that is, if I am not going anywhere special of course since I am my mother's daughter). It is the suffocating feeling that I get. I can eventually get used to it if I am gradually introduced to the humidity. But to got from a cool, dry temp to a high, humid one the next day doesn't cut it. I do not do well with the submerging of either very high humid temperatures or very low, wet ones. So there.

The little kids played in the front yard in the sprinkler today while Alexys and Bailey played in the back yard in the kiddie pool. Frank had a race in Rhode Island so we pretty much hung out all day. Other than Alexys going to Bailey's riding (equestrian) competition for a couple of hours, none of us left the house-- besides Frank.

I took the camera out back to shoot the big girls having some fun, of course hoping to get a good embarrassing shot I can hold over their heads and taunt them for a few days. I figured if I got a good one, I could easily threaten to show it to their bf's. But nothing really good is in my power...Argh...

My lens got all fogged up from the shocking temp change when I went outside. So that is why some of the shots look so faded! They are through a foggy lens.


0 comments: