Wednesday, December 3, 2008

so i am bad, i know...

I have so neglected this poor blog of mine. I have to admit that the culprit has been that Facebook hook that's gotten a hold of me! I don't have a lot of time but the time I do make for computer play, I tend to spend on Facebook!

We are now into December, can you believe that? I am still in awe... Where did 2008 go? I still haven't adjusted to writing it--Alexys said that even she was occasionally jotting down 2007 instead! Time truly flies-- so does that mean that we are truly having fun? October and November came and went. I will have to post some pictures on a later date about those poor forgotten months...

Let's see, I will try to do a quick recap:

I am now a certified school substitute teacher for Kansas-- K-12 although I have decided to only limit it to K-9 and only the 2 schools that the girls attend. It just makes life a little easier this way.

I also found out that I have bulged discs and degenerative disc disease in my L4-L5 and L5s1. This is the little bugger that has been putting me in a lot of pain intermittently. Well, I am now scheduled for Physical Therapy, am taking muscle relaxers and anti-inflammatory and will devote an hour a day for the practice of Yoga on top of my regular daily run. I also have taken up swimming but I don't have the time to do that as often as I would like--

Alexys made the honor roll for the what, the like 40th time in her young life... She maintains a 4.0 and also made All-county Choir and she was just informed she also was one of the chosen for All-State Choir. Isn't that neat? She still spends every evening in the pool swimming for 2 1/2 hours-- and she has a meet fast approaching!

Angelene and Alanah are doing great in school and are both enjoying gymnastics and swimming. They have a blast doing these two activities. Alanah is working hard with all her K-garden classes on a little skit/play that they will be performing in a couple of weeks. Alanah is proudly playing the role of a cute elf!

Well, that's the quick and edited version of what is going on with this family of ours! I hope to spend a little more time here and write more often and post some pictures! So stay tuned...

0 comments: